Category: kjigxtkf

Zimbabwe government rejects WhatsApp proposal ban

Zimbabwe government rejects WhatsApp proposal ban

first_imgZimbabwe government rejects WhatsApp proposal banZimbabwe’s government has rejected a proposal by mobile phone firms to ban Over The Top (OTT) services such as WhatsApp and Skype, a Cabinet  minister has revealed.The Herald Newspaper reported that the firms requested that OTT services be regulated, arguing they were knocking their profits.The introduction of OTTs which allow mobile phone users to communicate at far less charge than the mobile phone operator are levying while riding on their very networks, saw hard pressed consumers opting for the cheaper alternatives.As a result WhatsApp, Viber and Skype are among applications that have taken over the communication landscape at the expense of the network.Information Communication Technology Postal and Courier Services Minister Supa Mandiwanzira said that the operators last year approached the government seeking to have the OTTs banned or stifledThe Minister said that the government told the operators to look at the development as an opportunity to facilitate young Zimbabweans to develop applications suitable for local and global use than can rival those coming from abroad.“We did mention that as a progressive government, which promotes access to technology, we were averse to the idea of stifling these technologies or banning them,” Information Communication Technology Minister Supa Mandiwanzira saidlast_img read more

D&G Council Set to Review School Counselling Report

D&G Council Set to Review School Counselling Report

first_imgCouncillor Jeff Leaver, chair of the Education and Learning committee AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInDumfries and Galloway Council’s Education and Learning committee [15 January 2020] will consider a report on counselling in schools.Committee members will be asked to note:• The success and impact of the Youth Information Workers in Schools pilot project; and• The expansion of the Youth Information Workers in Schools project as the delivery model for the Scottish Government’s requirement for counselling services in schools.The Youth Enquiry Service and Educational Psychology have delivered a pilot project to provide low level mental health support and early intervention in the region’s secondary schools. The project has been supported by 3 youth information workers, specifically recruited. Aimed at closing the poverty related attainment gap, the project has been fully funded by the Pupil Equity Fund.Councillor Jeff Leaver, chair of the Education and Learning committee, said: “Providing the best start in life for all our children and protecting our most vulnerable people are priorities for our Council. This project is clearly delivering positive outcomes for young people through early intervention. Additional funding from the Scottish Government, specifically for delivering access to counsellors in schools, will enable us to continue the service to August 2023 and expand the scope of this successful model, uniquely developed in Dumfries and Galloway, which has already proven to deliver positive outcomes for many of our young people.”Councillor Ros Surtees, vice-chair, said: “The information gathered during this pilot project, using nationally recognised tools, clearly demonstrates improved health and wellbeing outcomes for young people. Youth information workers ensured that the project successfully delivered an approach tailored to the needs of individual schools.”See full report: https://dumfriesgalloway.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=549&MId=4881last_img read more

First Serbian ambassador appointed to Dominica

First Serbian ambassador appointed to Dominica

first_img 21 Views   no discussions LocalNews First Serbian ambassador appointed to Dominica by: – March 28, 2013 Share Sharing is caring! Sharecenter_img Tweet Share Ambassador Marina Perovic Petronic presenting her credentials to President Eluid Williams on WednesdaySerbia has appointed its first non-resident ambassador to Dominica since both countries established diplomatic relations in 2010.Marina Perovic Petronic on Wednesday, March 27th presented her credentials to President Eluid Williams. “[It] is also a great pleasure for me and an obligation that I have to try and respect and do something in order to have our relations flourish. This would be the first pebble in a path which will last for a long time,” the ambassador said.The ambassador highlighted several subjects for discussion which she anticipates will enhance the political and economic relations between Dominica and Serbia.“There are many things that we have to discuss; the fight against crime, terrorism, how to get our food supplies, how to fight or at least try to make it easier regarding the climate warming and many other subjects that are important and are being discussed at the international level,” she said.Ambassador Petronic noted that she is obligated to continue the bilateral relations between both countries. “It is a great pleasure to be in this lovely island; this will be the start of new historical relations between our two countries,” she said.President Eluid Williams accepted Ambassador Petronic’s letter of credence from Serbian President Tomislav Nikolić at his office in Morne Bruce.“It is my expectation that during your term of office you will work to continue to strengthen these relations and to see how we might be able to build on whatever initiatives that have already been taken, and particularly to be able to use the resources and expertise of your country in the areas of energy, capacity building and training, and also I notice that you’re very strong in terms of generic drug procurement as well as information technology,” he said. According to President Williams, both countries have enjoyed “cordial relations” and as such Dominica has provided support to Serbia in the international arena. He pledged the country’s continued support in this regard whenever it is possible.While he noted that she will not be resident in Dominica, he invited her to visit the island as frequently as possible, so that she “will have the opportunity to see and benefit from our government and very friendly people”. The republic of Serbia is located at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe. Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

Independence Athletics Meet cancelled

Independence Athletics Meet cancelled

first_img Sharing is caring! Share The Sports Division of the Ministry of Sports has announced its decision to cancel the 2015 Independence Athletics Meets for schools.The annual independence meets for primary and secondary schools are part of the Calendar of Activities for the Independence Celebrations.“This is in keeping with the overall decision to forego a number of activities which form part of Dominica’s observance of its independence anniversary as a result of the devastation caused by Tropical Storm Erika,” a press statement from the Division, issued late Monday 28 September indicates.According to the statement, the Sports Division stands in solidarity with the rest of Dominica and is committed to the rebuilding efforts to restore our beloved country to normalcy.“In light of the rebuilding process, the Division will undertake some strict prioritization of its activities with the view of responding to the rebuilding needs of our country. This will result in a few adjustments made to a number of our planned programmes”.“The Sports Division extends sympathies to all those who have been affected by Tropical Storm Erika and looks forward to continuing to play its part in the rebuilding process,” the statement adds. NewsSports Independence Athletics Meet cancelled by: Dominica Vibes News – September 29, 2015 35 Views   no discussionscenter_img Tweet Share Sharelast_img read more

C’bean statisticians sign declaration for monitoring national public policies

C’bean statisticians sign declaration for monitoring national public policies

first_img Share Share Tweet Sharing is caring! NewsRegional C’bean statisticians sign declaration for monitoring national public policies by: Caribbean Media Corporation – November 20, 2015center_img Share 79 Views   no discussions Caribbean delegates at ECLAC meeting in EcuadorQUITO, Ecuador (CMC) – Caribbean statistical leaders have joined their counterparts from the Americas reaffirming their commitment to generating good-quality statistics for monitoring national public policies.The heads of statistics in the region signed the declaration that also allows them to re-affirm support for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development that was approved at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September.The Mitads del Mundo Declaration was approved by the 36 delegations from member States and associate members of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) at the end of the eighth meeting of the Statistical Conference of the Americas (SCA) on Thursday.The declaration also urges the region’s governments to bolster their commitment to strengthening national statistical systems, establishing legal frameworks that provide professional independence to the national statistical offices, consolidate the leading role of official statistics and guarantee the human, technological and financial resources required.The text also calls on the international community to channel resources to this end, on the basis of cooperation, technical assistance and financial support.The three-day meeting also approved the resolutions recognizing the need to work jointly to design an implementation plan that enables the information requirements stemming from the 2030 Agenda to be covered gradually.Delegates also approved both the report on the implementation of the two-year programme for regional and international cooperation activities in 2014-2015 and the Conference’s 2015-2025 Strategic Plan. They requested that ECLAC make a proposal for a regional programme that meets the member States’ needs in terms of training and statistical education.In addition, the attendees agreed that the SCA’s Executive Committee for the 2016-2017 period will be made up of Mexico in the presidency, along with Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Spain and Uruguay.last_img read more

DNR Proposes New Kasilof River Parking Lot

DNR Proposes New Kasilof River Parking Lot

first_imgTo view the plan and submit your comments, click here. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享A new parking lot at the mouth of the Kasilof River is being designed to allow room for additional vehicles when fishermen are flooding the Kasilof River Special Use Area and the increasingly popular dipnet fishery. The plan has been going through a 45-day public review, which closes November 30th. The Department of Natural Resources is currently taking public comment on the plan, which would create room for 315 vehicles, 20 portable restrooms, and four dumpsters. DNR officials are also seeking to preserve the habitat of the beach, which has been under threat from increased foot traffic in recent summers as dipnetters turn away from the Kenai River to the Kasilof.last_img

SCSU Football Demolishes Minnesota-Crookston 55-6

SCSU Football Demolishes Minnesota-Crookston 55-6

first_imgST. CLOUD – The St. Cloud State Huskies easily defeated the Minnesota-Crookston Golden Eagles 55-6 today.St. Cloud State piled on over 500 total yards of offense this afternoon. Quarterback Phillip Klaphake threw for two touchdowns. Running back Mike Walker scored a grand total of four touchdowns. The Huskies improve to 5-1 after the win, they’ll travel to Bismark next weekend to take on the University of Mary.last_img

Sandro sent off in QPR Under-21 game

Sandro sent off in QPR Under-21 game

first_imgQPR’s Sandro played 90 minutes of an Under-21 game against Bristol City on Monday afternoon – but was then sent off.The Brazilian midfielder, who has not made a first-team appearance since November because of a knee problem, was red-carded in injury time after grabbing Jake Andrews by the throat following a challenge from the Robins youngster.Rangers, whose line-up also included Junior Hoilett, won the game at City’s Failand training ground 3-1.AdChoices广告Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img

Latest sluggish start on offense not concerning Auburn

Latest sluggish start on offense not concerning Auburn

first_imgAUBURN – With a far superior roster and one of the most potent rushing attacks in the country, Auburn was primed for an early runaway in its meeting with Samford.Or so everyone, including the Tigers, thought.Only Gus Malzahn’s Hurry-Up, No-Huddle offense wasn’t firing. It wasn’t even spinning its tires.Auburn went nowhere during the first quarter, gaining just 33 yards on 17 plays, with Cameron Artis-Payne accounting for 28 yards alone.The scoring drought finally ended after 79:02 on a 23-yard run by Quan Bray as Auburn rattled off 31 straight points in Saturday’s 31-7 win.Players admitted being out of contention for the College Football Playoff has taken its toll on the team.“I’d be a liar if I said that the high expectations and goals we had being diminished over the past couple of weeks, that that didn’t have an effect on us,” defensive tackle Gabe Wright said. “The fact that we’re looking at a bowl game, of course the big Iron Bowl, but a bowl game instead of the big show, I’m sure that definitely depleted some guys’ spirits some. And the fact is, when you play those high-level SEC games week in and week out and then you come and play an out of conference game, of course the energy might be slow. You might start slow. Those things shouldn’t be expected, but, you know, sometimes that just happens.”But another slow start, against a vastly inferior opponent, after two dreadful losses is not cause for concern for Auburn’s coaching staff, who was willing to write off the latest horrendous display on Samford’s coaching staff knowing Auburn’s plays, the emotions of Senior Day, and anything other than lack of effort and execution that several players admitted to afterward.“Not at all. It’s a long season,” Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said. “That was game 11 and there are a lot of ups and downs in a season. Our guys did what they needed to do, they responded. … I’m not concerned at all. I feel good about where our guys are at.”Nick Marshall had perhaps the worst performance of his career against an FCS team the week before playing top-ranked Alabama in the Iron Bowl.The second-year Auburn signal caller went 11-for-18 for 171 yards with a touchdown and interception and minus-8 yards rushing, due to four losses on third downs.“Probably a couple of times he should’ve maybe given the football,” Lashlee said. “He held the ball a couple times too long and took a sack or two when he should’ve hit a check-down or took off. I think he was just trying to make too much happen a couple of times. And then there may have been a few times that someone else didn’t do their job properly.”Marshall was focused on the outcome, and doesn’t think the slow starts will continue against Alabama.“I’m just glad we came out with the win tonight,” he said. “I know we’ll have our A game coming to next week’s game.”During the scoring drought from Auburn’s lone touchdown against Georgia to its first score against Samford, Marshall was 10-for-24 for 142 yards with two interceptions and had 13 carries for 34 yards. His 74.07 passer efficiency over that time was roughly one half of his total for the season (144.59).“I thought he played hard and well against Georgia,” Lashlee said. “Statistically, he didn’t, but that wasn’t all on him. Up to then, he’s played well most games, too. Sometimes you’re hot, and you get momentum that way. Sometimes you get in a little bit of a frustrating rut. … But all you can do is stay the course, and he’s done a good job of that.”As always, Marshall was seemingly unflappable during the recent stretch.“He doesn’t show any ups and downs,” Bray said. “He just goes out and he steps up his play. Once he does that, everybody else follows and everything else takes care of itself.”It showed, as Marshall closed Saturday’s game 8-for-12 for 116 yards and a touchdown.As Marshall prepares Auburn for Alabama’s defense, which is No. 2 in scoring (14.5) and No. 5 in total yards (283.5), there is no lack of confidence in his abilities to get back to the dynamic playmaker Tigers fan are accustomed to seeing.“I’ve noticed there’s times you can tell where he’s locked in and if he calls for a play you need to call it because he feels pretty good about it,” Lashlee said. “Usually when your quarterback or your guys that you count on feel confident in something it gives you confidence as a coach to call it. … I’d say that right now, as long as we don’t turn over the ball on the first play of the game, it’s always a positive.“The two times we did that, it didn’t go over well.”last_img read more

Lennon takes first Irish victory of weekend at Bolesworth

Lennon takes first Irish victory of weekend at Bolesworth

first_img 11 December 2015, 23:08 Twomey and Lynch make podium in Spain as Allen finishes 7th in Geneva 10 October 2015, 23:04 Twomey scores again at HOYS Tags: billy twomey, dermott lennon, loughview lou lou, tinka’s serenade 18 June 2015, 20:07 FORMER show jumping world champion Dermott Lennon took Ireland’s first victory of the weekend in the four-star show at Bolesworth in England this evening (Thursday), bringing home Judith Sossick’s Irish Sport Horse Loughview Lou Lou in record time.The Co. Down-born rider had almost two seconds in hand over British runner-up Nicola Pavitt and Victor Blue at the finish, and collected 9,000 euro for his win in the Longines Ranking class, which was a single round against the clock.Cork’s Billy Twomey also featured in the competition, taking a fifth place on the 18 year-old mare Tinka’s Serenade, which he owns jointly with Sue Davies, and picking up 1600 euro in prize money.Earlier in the day Army rider Capt. Michael Kelly placed second with the Irish Sport Horse Drumiller Lough in the two phase competition, which was won by Britain’s Harriet Nuttall, riding another Irish Sport Horse, Silver Lift.Dermott Lennon and Loughview Lou Lou (ISH) winning today at Bolesworth Lennon takes first Irish victory of weekend at Bolesworth 16 October 2015, 19:46 Twomey claims first win at Oslo for Irelandcenter_img Related news stories 6 December 2015, 17:45 Superb Third for Twomey in Paris Grand Prix Home  »  Disciplines News  »  Showjumping News  »  Lennon takes first Irish victory of weekend at Bolesworth 11 October 2015, 23:11 Twomey seals Birmingham success with Grand Prix victory 9 October 2015, 23:20 Twomey equal first in Birmingham Five Fence Challenge, Breen brothers in Grandstand Trophy top fivelast_img read more