Tag: 娱乐地图yldt123

PM to Meet With Private Sector Heads on Thursday

PM to Meet With Private Sector Heads on Thursday

first_imgFacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Prime Minister the Hon. Bruce Golding, is scheduled to meet with heads of private sector organisations at Jamaica House on Thursday morning (September 2), to discuss a number of national issues of concern.This was disclosed by Minister with responsibility for Information, Telecommunications and Special Projects, Hon. Daryl Vaz, at a post-Cabinet press briefing at Jamaica House on September 1.Minister Vaz clarified that the Government had not said that it would be staging islandwide “road shows”, as has been reported in the media. He said he had in fact indicated last week, the Prime Minister’s willingness to have discussions with members of civil society to discuss issues of concern.“I never, at any time, indicated this grand road show that is being promoted. From discussions that have been held, the Prime Minister will be meeting with the private sector leaders in relation to questions and concerns, and other meetings that are planned will not be specific to the issue of the extradition and Mannat, Phelps and Phillips, but more (of) a one on one, in terms of current issues affecting the country, and other matters that may have been of concern to those particular civil groups and individuals,” he stated. PM to Meet With Private Sector Heads on Thursday Office of the Prime MinisterSeptember 1, 2010 RelatedPM to Meet With Private Sector Heads on Thursday Advertisementscenter_img RelatedPM to Meet With Private Sector Heads on Thursday RelatedPM to Meet With Private Sector Heads on Thursdaylast_img read more

Basic Needs Trust Fund Project To Receive $22.4 Million

Basic Needs Trust Fund Project To Receive $22.4 Million

first_imgStory HighlightsA sum of $22.4 million has been allotted to the Office of the Prime Minister in the 2014/15 budget, to complete works under the Basic Needs Trust Fund project.Its overall objectives involved improvements in the human resource base of at risk out-of-school youths.Since implementation, the programme has seen the execution of 19 sub-projects in the areas of vulnerable groups. Advertisements Related$1.2 Billion to be Spent on E-Learning Project A sum of $22.4 million has been allotted to the Office of the Prime Minister in the 2014/15 budget, to complete works under the Basic Needs Trust Fund project (BNTF6).The programme, which ran from June 2009 to December 2013, was implemented by the Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF), with financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB).Its overall objectives involved improvements in the human resource base of at risk out-of-school youths; the promotion and strengthening of community organisations; and improvements in the responsiveness and efficiency of development strategies.Since implementation, the programme has seen the execution of 19 sub-projects in the areas of vulnerable groups; health; education; water and sanitation; and the construction of production-related infrastructure.This year’s allotment will go towards implementing consultancies under Local Institutional Strengthening (LIS). FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail center_img Related$96.6 Million for Banana Accompanying Measures Project Related$464 Million to Improve JCF Capabilities Basic Needs Trust Fund Project To Receive $22.4 Million Budget 2014/2015April 8, 2014Written by: Athaliah Reynolds-Bakerlast_img read more

India bars Chinese wrestlers from Asian Wrestling Championships due to coronavirus outbreak

India bars Chinese wrestlers from Asian Wrestling Championships due to coronavirus outbreak

first_img GET THE BEST OF THE JAPAN TIMES The tournament got underway on Tuesday and runs through Feb. 23.“They are not coming. Of course health concerns remain a big reason and the coronavirus outbreak is deadly,” Wrestling Federation of India assistant secretary Vinod Tomar told AFP.A Chinese Federation spokesperson was quoted as saying on the governing body’s United World Wrestling website: “The wrestlers are disappointed for sure.”Japanese world champions Kenichiro Fumita and Risako Kawai are among top wrestlers taking part.Indian Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju said the denial of visas would not normally be allowed but there were exceptions for an extraordinary health crisis.“We can’t deny visa to citizens of any country because it is a part of the Olympic charter. We try to keep sports away from politics,” Rijiju told reporters.“But where there is health concern or any technical issue, there are separate provisions for that.”The marquee event provides UWW ranking points that count toward seedings at this year’s Tokyo Olympics. KEYWORDS Your news needs your supportSince the early stages of the COVID-19 crisis, The Japan Times has been providing free access to crucial news on the impact of the novel coronavirus as well as practical information about how to cope with the pandemic. Please consider subscribing today so we can continue offering you up-to-date, in-depth news about Japan. NEW DELHI – Chinese wrestlers will be unable to take part in the Asian Wrestling Championships this week after being denied visas because of the coronavirus outbreak, an official saidIndia’s government has suspended e-visas for Chinese nationals due to the deadly virus that has claimed more than 1,800 lives since spreading from its epicenter in Wuhan, China. IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5 China, India, 2020 Tokyo Olympics, covid-19, Asian Wrestling Championships last_img read more

Watford join race for South American midfielder – Mixed messages being…

Watford join race for South American midfielder – Mixed messages being…

first_imgPorto’s negotiations with Club America for the transfer of Mateus Uribe are well known. Both the Portuguese and Mexican media have been reporting it for weeks now. But on Thursday, Mexican outlet Record came up with a story on their website saying Watford joined the race for the midfielder.They’ve claimed that ‘in the past few hours’, the Premier League side have showed up as competition for the Dragons.The strange thing about all this is that Record has a story regarding the player in their newspaper today, and Watford don’t get a single mention. All the outlet has to say is that the negotiations with Porto continue, and the move seems close.Embed from Getty ImagesPortuguese newspapers talk about Watford’s move today, though.Record (the Portuguese version rather than the Mexican… yes, it’s confusing) report Porto recently made a good offer for the Colombian international, and ‘not even Watford’s attempt’ could hijack a deal. They say the player would rather sign for the Dragons than for the Hornets.Meanwhile, outlet O Jogo says Watford could offer him a great contract, besides giving him the chance of featuring in the Premier League. But they don’t really bring a lot of information regarding the Hornets’ attempt to get Uribe.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameWill You Build The Most Beautiful City?Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoDating.comThe Most Handsome Guys In Hong Kong On This Dating SiteDating.comUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoSingles50Hong Kong: A 40+ Dating Site That Actually Works!Singles50UndoTheTopFiveVPNEnjoy Netflix Now Without Any RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPNUndoSmart Tech TrendOver 50? You Need Those Adjustable Focus Reading Glasses!Smart Tech TrendUndoLoans | Search AdsNeed a loan? Search hereLoans | Search AdsUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉(今晚試試)Keto减肥Undolast_img read more

March Madness Obama Has Lville IU OSU Fla in

March Madness Obama Has Lville IU OSU Fla in

President Barack Obama, a dedicated basketball fan, made his annual NCAA Tournament selections Tuesday, predicting No. 1-seeds Louisville and Indiana along with Florida and Ohio State will make the Final Four in Atlanta in two weeks.Obama filled out brackets for both the men’s and women’s tournaments Tuesday in an exclusive interview with ESPN.The President’s complete men’s bracket will be unveiled at 9 a.m. ET Wednesday morning on “SportsCenter.”This is the fifth consecutive year Obama has filled out a men’s bracket. He correctly picked two Final Four teams — Ohio State and Kentucky  — last season, but his national champion selection of North Carolina lost in the Elite Eight.This year, Obama picked Louisville, the tournament’s top overall seed, to reach the Final Four out of the Midwest Region. Obama believes the Hoosiers will win the East Region as the only other No. 1 seed in the Final Four.Obama likes Ohio State for the second straight year, picking the second-seeded Buckeyes to win the West Region. He went with the third-seeded Gators in the South Region.The President has No 1 Baylor with Brittany Griner, Connecticut, Notre Dame and California in the Final Four of his women’s bracket, which will be unveiled in its entirety Friday. read more

Morgan says nobody should blame Puel

Morgan says nobody should blame Puel

first_imgLeicester City lost 2-1 against Football League two minnows Newport County in the FA Cup Third Round, but for the player, manager Claude Puel is not at fault.After Leicester City was kicked out of the FA Cup on the Third Round, many blamed coach Claude Puel.But a footballer has come out on is defense: Wes Morgan.“I do think any criticism (of Puel) would be unfair,” Morgan told The Independent.“Obviously people will look at the result and judge by that. But if you look at the chances and opportunities we had, we could have won that game quite easily.”Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedSolskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.“We’ve got a good squad and the gaffer’s got the problem of finding the right balance. He’s got to give players rest and other players opportunities,” he explained.“It’s the same for every manager and every team – and I thought we were definitely strong enough.”“It was a difficult day and the magic of the FA Cup happened, definitely,” Morgan commented.“It’s a big day for Newport and good luck to them.”last_img read more

Missing presiding officer found murdered in Raiganj

Missing presiding officer found murdered in Raiganj

first_imgBalurghat: A presiding officer who had gone missing since May 14, was found murdered on Tuesday evening.The corpse of the presiding officer, Rajkumar Roy, was discovered by the local people beside a railway track from Sonadangi area under Raiganj police station in North Dinajpur district.The State Election Commission has sought a report from the District Magistrate of North Dinajpur. The District Magistrate has order a probe by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsRoy, who had been working as an assistant teacher of English in Rahatpur High Madrasha of Karandighi, was deployed as presiding officer at booth no. 48 in Itahar block. On Monday at around 8 pm, he left for toilet from the booth but never returned. His mobile phone was switched off.Worried family members contacted the officials of Itahar block to know his whereabouts. A missing complaint was also lodged at the police station by the concerned BDO.On Tuesday, some local people found a body with multiple stab injuries beside a railway track and informed police. Police went to the spot and suspected the body to be Roy. His family members were also intimated. Later, the deceased’s brother identified him. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killedPolice investigation has been initiated in this regard. Preliminary investigation has revealed that Roy was stabbed brutally to death by his assailants. Police said the body was lying in pool of blood. They have sent the body for post-mortem.On Wednesday, the polling personnel staged a demonstration at Ghorimore in Raiganj, demanding arrest of the culprits involved with the crime. The irate polling personnel demanded safety measures from the administration. Sub-divisional district magistrate of Raiganj T N Sherpa, who rushed to the spot to pacify the agitators, was gheraoed and allegedly thrashed by them. Later, a large contingent of police and RAF from Raiganj police station rescued Sherpa and lifted the demonstration.Police superintendent Shyam Singh said the assailants will be arrested soon.last_img read more

Sick of Sitting Tired of Standing Take a Load Off With This

Sick of Sitting Tired of Standing Take a Load Off With This

first_img When you can’t stand to sit and don’t want to stand, don’t lean in — lean back. That’s the chill idea behind LeanChair, a new portable reclining desk and chair combo that aims to take the pain out of standing while you work. Now you can slouch like you mean it.Think of it as a standing chair of sorts, a creature comfort contraption to lay your weary bones against, like an upright stretcher. You lean back on LeanChair’s padded backrest at a slight angle in a standing position, but you’re not quite fully standing, so it takes a load off your feet, literally.    Related: In This Vision of a Healthier Workplace, Sitting Is Not AllowedHere, see what we mean:Lest you should get too comfy, doze off and fail to do your work, LeanChair conveniently comes with its own adjustable swiveling minidesk. Pull the lightweight worktable up to just the right height and you’re in business. There’s even an inclined footrest for your extended standing pleasure.There are some downsides, however. LeanChair’s built-in desk provides ample space to hold a keyboard, tablet or laptop, but not necessarily enough for a full-sized computer monitor on top of all of that.Wayne Yeager, of Lexington, Ky., is the enterprising mind behind the LeanChair. The serial inventor-entrepreneur knows something about back-breaking hard work. He’s run a 440-acre farm for 14 years, all while holding down several other tech-related jobs, many involving sitting and staring at a computer screen for hours on end.Related: What’s Really Killing You (and It Isn’t Ebola)He created the quirky recliner after seeing scads of articles damning sitting as the new smoking. He wanted to stand and work but couldn’t stand standing at a standing desk. You get the idea.Yeager’s first version of the LeanChair featured a hard wooden plank backrest, similar to the stiff “leaning boards” early Hollywood starlets used to keep their elaborate costumes from wrinkling whilst they rested between takes. Not so comfy. Yeager’s latest model, which looks pretty close to a product you’d find in The Sharper Image catalog, launched on Kickstarter four days ago. The campaign has raised some $9,000 so far with 26 days to go toward a $25,000 goal. To get your own LeanChair lean on, you have to pledge $245 or more.    Wayne testing LeanChair prototypeImage credit: LeanChair Related: 5 Reasons to Get Off Your Butt at Work June 16, 2015 Free Webinar | Sept 5: Tips and Tools for Making Progress Toward Important Goals 3 min readcenter_img Attend this free webinar and learn how you can maximize efficiency while getting the most critical things done right. Register Now »last_img read more