Tag: 成都品茶快餐

EPA launches beaches.ie website

EPA launches beaches.ie website

first_img Pinterest The Environmental Protection Agency has launched a new website and app for people seeking information about the safety and cleanliness of beaches.The new service provides information about the quality of the water and any restrictions at 190 seasides and lakes around the country.Beaches.ie also shows when the tide is in, and provides information on issues such as car parks and wheelchair accessibility.Andy Fanning is Programme Manager with the EPA. He told Greg Hughes on the Shaun Doherty Show that this service is designed with mobile phones in mind…………….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/beachesepa.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Twitter Disruption to cancer service will increase mortality – Oncologist Donegal retains 14 Blue Flags, Lisfannon is not restored Google+ Facebook Hospitalisations rise as Donnelly suggests masks will stay ’til autumn Facebook WhatsApp Google+ Homepage BannerNewscenter_img EPA launches beaches.ie website Pinterest Previous articleRuaille Buaille le Colm Feiritéar 20/6/17Next article21 patients awaiting admission at LUH News Highland WhatsApp Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai investigate Castlefinn burglary By News Highland – June 22, 2017 Donegal hoteliers enjoy morale boost as bookings increase Today is the 30th anniversary of Eddie Fullerton’s murder last_img read more

Eskom lays out plans to avoid loadshedding this winter

Eskom lays out plans to avoid loadshedding this winter

first_imgTwo unitsthat were on long-term outages at Kriel and Matla (1,050MW) will also bereturned to service. With colder weather conditions expected acrossSouth Africa and the demand for electricity is projected to increase. AFD and Eskom commit to a competitive electricity sector BRICS The groupchief executive, Phakamani Hadebe, said: “We have done an extensive winter planand review of our power system and identified the problems.  Last week,the power utility indicated that it now has a better understanding of rootcauses of breakdowns following work done by its technical review team and has areliable maintenance plan for its plant, with maintenance being prioritisedover this period. Featured image: Stock According tohim, the power utility managed to go through periods of high demand in theevening peak without using a lot of diesel. “The firstfew days in April have given reassurance of the integrity of our plan as we managedto avoid loadshedding on three days where it was forecasted due to goodperformance of our plant,” noted Hadebe. Kusile 3 isalso expected to synchronise to the grid for the first time towards the end ofApril. Imports from Mozambique’s Cahora Bassa are expected to be back at full load. Eskom has noted that South Africans can make a huge difference by rallying towards the common cause of using electricity efficiently, having the collective potential of reducing demand by up to 500MW and saving the equivalent of 1 unit at a power station.center_img Eskom managed to avoid loadshedding “While the plan gives us confidence that we may go through winter with no or limited loadshedding, we are mindful of the potential of risks on a very tight power system which may result in shifts on the power system and which could result in loadshedding.” TAGSKusileMozambique Previous articleLifesaving technology solution wins 2019 Edison AwardNext articleS.Africa: Raw sewerage continues to flood major river Babalwa BunganeBabalwa Bungane is the content producer for ESI Africa – Clarion Events Africa. Babalwa has been writing for the publication for over five years. She also contributes to sister publications; Smart Energy International and Power Engineering International. Babalwa is a social media enthusiast. UNDP China, CCIEE launch report to facilitate low-carbon development Finance and Policy RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Generation To this end, Hadebe said the company has mapped out scenarios that show that “we will implement loadshedding in cases where unplanned breakdowns increase to more than 9,500MW, delays in returning units from planned maintenance or in cases of unanticipated disruptive events.” Low carbon, solar future could increase jobs in the future – SAPVIA Over thenext two months, Eskom expects additional power from generation units that wereout for planned maintenance which is currently at about 6,000MW and will rampdown to about 2,000MW towards highest demand period in May. last_img read more

Opinion: With bold steps, Vermont could lead nation in remote work

Opinion: With bold steps, Vermont could lead nation in remote work

first_imgby Betsy Bishop, President of the Vermont Chamber of Commerce, and Aly Richards, CEO of Let’s Grow Kids When we look years ahead, how do we picture Vermont? Where are our workplaces centered, where are our homes in relation to our workplaces, and how do we see working parents in our state thriving?Vermont is in a pivotal moment. Amid the economic and emotional pain(link is external) caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the world is asking these questions and learning lessons about what community means, the necessity of innovation, and how to best live and work together.It is starkly clear that our personal lives impact our work capacities. Vermont’s working parents are struggling to cobble together child care while fulfilling their professional responsibilities. And in many homes across Vermont, lack of adequate broadband connectivity is adding stress.In this moment, with our attention on these issues, we have the unique opportunity to build our state into a work-from-home capital. But we are not in this moment alone.For Vermont to lead on this issue, our government and business leaders must take swift, bold steps forward – steps that move us far ahead and quickly, as other states contemplate this same opportunity.There are clear and urgent needs Vermont must meet to make leading remote work a reality:Affordable access to high-quality child care for families who need it: A recently issued report by the U.S. Chamber showed that, of states examined, losses averaged $1 billion annually in economic activity due to breakdowns in child care. Even before the pandemic, three out of five of Vermont’s youngest children didn’t have access to child care they needed. Vermont emerged as a national leader with savvy investments in a stabilization program and restart grants to help child care programs safely operate during COVID-19. But there is more to do. Building a stronger, more equitable, and sustainable child care system is a vital component of restarting our economy and is essential to the future of Vermont. Doing so is also essential to maximizing our state’s workforce potential and attracting new families to live in our state.Consistent broadband connectivity across the state: There is a connectivity shortfall impacting 70,000 Vermont households that do not have access to federally defined broadband. COVID-19 related restrictions and closures have demonstrated that broadband access is now essential for economic development. And with so many Vermonters working from home and students of all ages engaging in online learning, reliable broadband access is an immediate emergency need. Public investments in broadband should include public and private partnerships that maximize knowledge and capitalize on existing infrastructure, while planning for future technology landscapes.Increased housing for low- and middle-income Vermonters: Vermont produced several thousand homes every year from the 1960s through the 1990s. By 2019, new residential building permits had dropped(link is external) to 2,080. Aging housing stock, tight supply, and rising prices near employment centers have forced people to make difficult choices about where to live. We need to increase new or retrofitted housing units in Vermont while also focusing on creating more housing options for low- and middle-income Vermonters.Vermonters want to be able to work remotely after the pandemic. That was a key takeaway(link is external) from a University of Vermont survey conducted in June. To help our state reach its best potential, we must listen to Vermonters’ needs and connect the dots to make working from home a reality, while also taking steps to welcome future Vermonters and to support our working families already here.Let’s seize this moment. We can make Vermont the work-from-home capital of the country by investing in three essential areas necessary to make remote work possible: child care, broadband connectivity, and housing.Betsy Bishop is the President of the Vermont Chamber of Commerce, whose mission is focused on creating an economic climate conducive to business growth while enhancing Vermont’s quality of life. She lives in East Montpelier.  Aly Richards is the CEO of Let’s Grow Kids, a nonprofit organization on a mission: ensuring affordable access to high-quality child care for all Vermont families who need it by 2025. She lives in Montpelier.last_img read more

Foss: We need more info about COVID-19 nursing home deaths

Foss: We need more info about COVID-19 nursing home deaths

first_imgCategories: News, Opinion, Schenectady CountyThe stories are disturbing.There’s the veteran’s home in Holyoke, Mass., where 47 residents have died of COVID-19, prompting a state investigation.There’s the nursing home in New Jersey where 17 bodies were discovered in the facility’s morgue by police acting on an anonymous tip. There’s the nursing home in Queens where dozens of residents have died from coronavirus and angry relatives claim officials are stonewalling them.I could go on.GAZETTE COVID-19 COVERAGEThe Daily Gazette is committed to keeping our community safe and informed and is offering our COVID-19 coverage to you free.Our subscribers help us bring this information to you. Please consider a subscription at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe to help support these efforts.Thank YouBut you get the idea.Everywhere you turn, there’s a story about a nursing home ravaged by COVID-19. There’s nothing stopping Schenectady County from keeping the public informed about nursing home cases and deaths – other counties have made this information available.Officials often cite patient privacy as justification for keeping it secret, but no one is asking for the names of nursing home residents who have died, or any other personal data.One of the best tools we have to fight COVID-19 is information.Releasing the names of long-term care facilities that have suffered outbreaks or deaths can help protect patient safety, keep families informed of what’s happening at institutions entrusted with safeguarding the health of their loved ones and better track the virus’ spread in the community.The state is relying on nursing homes to accurately report deaths, and it’s easy to see the flaw in this protocol: It makes it easier for bad actors to cover up bad news.That said, the DOH data does provide a window into how New York’s elder care facilities have been affected by COVID-19.And it isn’t pretty. And while we’ve known for some time that long-term care facilities are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, that doesn’t make these stories any less alarming.The New York Times estimates that at least a fifth of U.S. coronavirus deaths have occurred in nursing homes or other long-term care facilities. That’s roughly 7,000 people – a big number that suggests these facilities have been outmatched by a virus that’s especially dangerous for elderly adults. Making the problem worse is a troubling lack of transparency that all too often leaves the public in the dark about some of the biggest COVID-19 hot spots in their community.The state Department of Health released new information about nursing home deaths last week, but the data is frustratingly incomplete.Missing from the list of nursing homes with COVID-19 fatalities are facilities where fewer than five people died, and deaths that occurred off-site, in hospitals.So if you’re hoping to get a better picture of how nursing homes upstate have been impacted, good luck: The data is mostly limited to downstate facilities with large outbreaks.We know that Schenectady County leads the Capital Region with eight long-term care facility deaths, but we don’t know where those deaths occurred, because county officials have refused to say and DOH is only releasing the names of facilities with more than five deaths.center_img According to USA Today, at least 42 nursing homes across New York state have had at least 10 COVID-19 deaths. That represents about 25 percent of the 3,000-plus nursing home or assisted living facility deaths statewide.In the Capital Region, we haven’t heard disturbing reports of bodies piled up at our local nursing homes, or of dozens of residents killed at a single long-term care facility.I hope it stays that way.But the lack of information released by the state, local counties and the facilities themselves makes it difficult to know what’s really going on.That bothers me – and it should bother you, too.Reach Sara Foss at [email protected] Opinion expressed here are her own and not necessarily the newspaper’s.GAZETTE COVID-19 COVERAGEThe Daily Gazette is committed to keeping our community safe and informed and is offering our COVID-19 coverage to you free.Our subscribers help us bring this information to you. Please consider a subscription at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe to help support these efforts.Thank YouMore from The Daily Gazette:Schenectady department heads: Budget cutbacks would further stress already-stretched departmentsCapital Region COVID-19 Tracker for Friday, Oct. 16, by countyAttorney: Amsterdam’s Sticker Mule admits payroll errorPolice: Man burglarized Gloversville pizza shop, stole phone; Cameras used to IDPolice: Albany fire truck stolen from Colonie training center, recovered in Schenectady; Help soughtlast_img read more

Variation, and a theme

Variation, and a theme

first_imgGet your free guest access  SIGN UP TODAY Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our community To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Subscribe now for unlimited access Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletterslast_img read more

Tren del Valle launches with domestic DMUs

Tren del Valle launches with domestic DMUs

first_imgARGENTINA: On July 21 President Cristina Fernández inaugurated by video link the Tren del Valle, a new service connecting the city of Neuquén with Cipolletti in Río Negro province. The first passenger services on this route for 22 years are operated with two DMUs purchased from Materfer for 20m pesos.Featuring 90% domestic content, the two-car DMUs are powered by 400 hp Scania engines. Each air-conditioned trainset has 140 seats.Restoration of passenger services to the Neuquén – Cipolletti route has also involved a programme of station refurbishment, track renewals and reinforcing a bridge over the River Neuquén at a cost of 500 000 pesos. Additional staff have been recruited to supervise level crossings 24 h a day, according to the federal government. The 55 km route has 10 level crossings, of which two have manually-operated barriers and five are ungated.The national SUBE smart card is valid for travel on the new service, and the government reports that 3 000 cards have been sold at Neuquén and Cipolletti stations. Over 100 000 pesos worth of journeys had been charged onto cards up to July 20, representing some 25 000 trips paid for in advance.last_img read more

Robinson says Forest could ‘blow QPR out of the water’

Robinson says Forest could ‘blow QPR out of the water’

first_img Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook See also:Lynch injury not serious, says McClarenMcClaren praises QPR players after Pulis blames refereeLuongo to miss up to seven QPR matchesLynch a doubt but Baptiste and Hall are training againLate goals give Brentford youngsters win over QPR Jack Robinson left QPR after rejecting a new contractNottingham Forest could “blow QPR out of the water” on Saturday, according to Jack Robinson.Rangers travel to the East Midlands and you can sign up at Bet365 and put some money on them winning at Forest for the first time. The defender left Loftus Road when his contract expired during the summer and he later agreed a move to Forest, who are seventh in the Championship table.AdChoices广告West London Sport had revealed in April that Robinson and Nedum Onuoha would not sign new deals and would leave QPR on free transfers.Robinson will this weekend face his former club at the City Ground, where the R’s have never won.And he believes the visitors will have little chance if Forest perform to their best.He told Forest’s website: “QPR have put some good results together lately so it is going to be a tough game on Saturday.“If we just carry on playing our normal game and if we are on fire on the day then we will blow QPR out of the water as we have such a strong squad and a strong team that we can beat anyone in this league.”last_img read more